Sri Lanka is a beautiful and vibrant destination that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for an adventurous holiday full of wildlife sightings, or simply a relaxing beach getaway, Sri Lanka has it all.
And now, with the recent announcement to discontinue the requirement for COVID-19 vaccination certificate for travellers visiting the island nation, it’s even easier (and more affordable) than ever to plan your dream vacation in this stunning country.
Embark on an unforgettable journey to the exotic paradise of Sri Lanka! From pristine beaches and lush rainforests, to ancient monuments full of history – you’re sure find something perfect for your vacation.
Discover amazing yet budget-friendly tips from our blog post as we explore this stunning destination that promises adventure around every corner. Whether you’re looking for an adventurous holiday full of wildlife sightings, or simply a relaxing beach getaway, Sri Lanka has it all.
1. Is it safe to travel to Sri Lanka now.
The answer is yes, but with caution. With the lifting of the requirement for a COVID-19 vaccination certificate and other preventive health measures in place, travelers can enjoy their holiday in this stunning country – but they should always exercise caution and pay close attention to their personal safety. Monitor the media for new and existing risks, and follow the guidelines set by local authorities.
2. Is Sri Lanka open for tourists now.
Yes, With the island nation open for business, tourists can embark on an adventure without any worries – a great opportunity to take in all of its stunning sights and monuments that make it such a unique destination.
3. Season to visit Sri Lanka.
For a truly memorable experience, plan your visit to the stunning golden shores of Sri Lanka’s west and south coasts as well as its captivating Cultural Triangle between the months of December – April. Enjoy glorious sunshine and take in all that this beautiful country has to offer! The east coast, meanwhile, enjoys its finest climate from May through to October.
4. Is Sri Lanka cheap to visit?
Yes, Sri Lanka is an affordable destination for all kinds of travelers – even those with a shoestring budget. From palm-fringed golden sandy beaches to wildlife adventures and ancient temples, Sri Lanka won’t break the bank but still offers plenty of exciting experiences.
5. What are the special tourism packages?
Sri Lanka offers a range of special tourism packages for couples, including romantic beach getaways, honeymoons in secluded luxury resorts, and treks to explore the island’s stunning landscapes. Couples looking for an adventurous holiday can enjoy white-water rafting, whale watching and other excursions.
Take a break from the everyday hustle and bustle of life and bond with your partner in an exotic paradise. Sri Lanka is brimming with spa packages, yoga retreats, and other luxurious amenities to offer you both a dream-like holiday that has all the ingredients for relaxation – perfect for couples! Make memories today by planning your special getaway now!
6. Top 10 places to explore in Sri Lanka on a budget.
1. Kandy – the bustling city and former royal capital of Sri Lanka is a great place to explore on any budget, with its array of temples, markets and gardens.
2. Ella – this small mountain village in central Sri Lanka offers stunning views over rolling tea plantations, along with some excellent walking trails for visitors to explore.
3. Galle – this historic city in the south of Sri Lanka is home to a 16th Century Dutch Fort and some stunning beaches, perfect for relaxing on a budget.
4. Sigiriya Rock – this ancient rock fortress is one of Sri Lanka’s most popular attractions, with its rich history and beautiful views over the surrounding countryside.
5. Yala National Park – a great spot for wildlife enthusiasts, this national park is home to elephants, sloth bears, leopards and more.
6. Arugam Bay – a surfer’s paradise with miles of golden sandy beaches and some excellent waves for those looking to catch a few.
7. Dambulla Cave Temple – this Buddhist temple is home to a stunning collection of ancient murals and statues, perfect for those interested in the island’s history.
8. Anuradhapura – explore Sri Lanka’s ancient ruins, including the sacred Bodhi Tree, Thuparama Stupa and The Royal Palace of King Kasyapa.
9. Adams Peak – climb Sri Lanka’s holiest mountain and enjoy breathtaking views from the summit at sunrise or sunset.
10. Negombo – a great place to relax with its pretty beachfront promenade, excellent seafood restaurants and bustling markets.
7. Tips and tricks for an affordable holiday.
1. Travelers, take note! You can save big by booking a package deal: flights, accommodation and activities all in one. Look out for discounts on the best holiday experiences – you won’t want to miss out on these exciting offers!
2. Travel during low season – this is generally from May to September when prices tend to be lower in most tourist spots across Sri Lanka.
3. Choose budget-friendly accommodation – opt for guesthouses or hostels instead of hotels, and use sites like Airbnb or Couchsurfing to find great deals.
4. Cook meals at home – take advantage of Sri Lanka’s excellent street food, farmers’ markets and local grocery stores to buy ingredients and cook your own meals in your accommodation.
5. Use public transport – taking the bus or train is a great way to save money while still getting around and seeing some amazing sights.
6. Learn about local culture – take part in cultural activities such as cooking classes, pottery sessions and dance lessons that don’t cost much but provide an insight into Sri Lanka’s diverse culture.
7. Take advantage of free activities – explore some of Sri Lanka’s many public parks, gardens, temples and other attractions that don’t charge an entrance fee. Sri Lanka is a beautiful country with so much to offer, and these tips should help you make the most of your holiday without breaking the bank. Enjoy!
8. How to find accommodation options that suit your budget.
Sri Lanka offers a wide range of accommodation to suit any traveler. From luxurious villas and spa resorts, to cozy homestays in quaint villages – there is something for everyone!
If you’re looking for something low-cost and basic, there is a range of hostels, guesthouses and campsites across the country. Airbnb is also another great option for those looking for something more private but still affordable.
For mid-range budgets, there are a number of hotels and resorts located throughout Sri Lanka. For luxury accommodation, Sri Lanka is home to some beautiful villas, resorts and private homestays. There are also a range of online booking sites that allow you to compare prices and book the best deals. No matter what your budget is, you’re sure to find an accommodation option in Sri Lanka that suits your needs. Enjoy!
9. Best local restaurants and street food outlets with low-priced meals.
Sri Lanka is home to a wide range of delicious local cuisine, and there are plenty of restaurants and street food vendors offering budget-friendly meals. Some popular spots include the fish markets in Colombo and Negombo, where you can find freshly caught seafood for very reasonable prices. The seaside town of Unawatuna is renowned for its seafood restaurants, while Kandy offers some of the best traditional curries.
If you’re looking for something a little more affordable and convenient, street food is always an option. From samosas to kottu roti (a type of spicy stir-fried bread) and string hoppers (rice flour noodles), there’s something for everyone. For the brave, there’s also the ever-popular street snack of ‘devilled’ meats such as chicken and mutton.
10. Advice on saving money while travelling around the country.
With its varied cultural offerings and splendid landscapes, Sri Lanka is an ideal holiday spot. Plus, with a range of cost-saving measures available to travelers, your vacation doesn’t have to break the bank!
One of the best ways is to choose public transport over private taxis or car hire – taking buses and trains can often be cheaper than paying for a private driver.
Accommodation-wise, staying in guesthouses or hostels can be a great way to save money, as well as using online booking sites like Airbnb and Couchsurfing.
Taking part in free activities such as walking tours, visiting public parks and exploring temples can also help reduce your costs. Finally, make sure you shop around for the best deals on flights and accommodation before you book – it could save you a lot of money in the long run.
11. Tips on how to stay safe while travelling in Sri Lanka.
Staying safe while travelling is always important, and there are a few simple things you can do to ensure your trip to Sri Lanka is as hassle-free as possible.
Whenever you’re out and about, stay alert to your environment. Particularly if it’s a crowded spot or after dark – then extra vigilance is key!
Be sure to dress modestly when visiting temples or other religious sites. Although Sri Lanka is generally safe, it’s recommended that you avoid carrying large amounts of cash or valuables with you. Avoid taking risks with your personal safety, such as travelling alone at night or in remote areas, and make sure you have a working mobile phone with credit. Lastly, ensure that your travel insurance is up to date before you leave home – it could come in very handy if something were to go wrong. Enjoy your stay!
Conclusion: Sri Lanka is a beautiful and vibrant country with plenty to offer travellers of all budgets. From luxury villas to low-cost accommodations, there’s something for everyone.
There are also lots of delicious local cuisine options, from street food to seafood restaurants. Staying safe while travelling in Sri Lanka is important – make sure you remain aware of your surroundings and follow the tips outlined above. With a bit of preparation, you’ll be sure to have an unforgettable experience in this stunning country. Happy travels!